It does matter

Dear Family-

This is a short note of thanks.  I have been doing a lot of thinking about who I am and how I feel about that.

Many years ago I came into this family in a different way than my siblings.  I know that I was wanted and I know that I have always belonged.  But, I have also sometimes felt different and obviously I looked different so sometimes, it was hard.

Today, looking back, I realize all of those feelings and experiences made me who I am.  All of my siblings and both of my parents added to my life in a good way.  For example, I was often forced to be more outgoing and look at what I am doing now!

Thank you to each of you for helping me in your own way and always at the right time.  I sometimes feel down because I don't see you as often as I would like but when we do see each other I am reminded of how your love for me has not changed.  I know that you love me.  It means so very much to me on hard days.

Finally, I just want to say that I am grateful for the hard work ethic that each of you have shown me throughout your lives.  We talked about work today in church and I thought of the countless examples of hard work that  each of you have given me.  Brackett's never give up regardless of health issues, emotional downs, or tragic events we experience.  I think that is a family legacy to be proud of.

Forever and Always We are Family.

Love,
Ami
(Mom and Dad's Favorite btw.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Yourself

Day 2- My Blog Name

O Me! O Life!