Resolutions



It is that time of year again! I like making resolutions but keeping them is getting harder every year. The funny thing is...I do not feel like a a failure at the end of the year because I at least gave them some thought.

This year I am at a loss. So, here is a quick list of options. Keep in mind options means OPTIONAL and therefore not written in stone. I still have two more days to figure things out.
  1. Finish what I start i.e. the knitting I have started and restarted several times. This could also include painting around the house.
  2. Find a new hobby. Not sure what that would be but I googled it and apparently pole dancing is a hobby. Pretty sure I am not going to pick that one!
  3. Mountain bike. Jason would laugh at this one but it terrifies me so it is a good thing to put on the list. If you have never tried it just imagine biking over rocks and sticks. Sounds easy but I always end up bleeding on my yearly ride with the hubby.
  4. Eat breakfast. Crazy right? I never wake up hungry, I am always running late for work, and I dislike breakfast type of foods. Eggs are good but who has time to fry an egg when you gotta blow dry your hair?
  5. Have a decent BMI (body mass index). Now that I typed that it seems silly. I have a total Indian body and I think the BMI charts lean more towards skinny white girls. This is a total cross off.
  6. Run a half marathon or do another triathlon. I have had a lot of foot problems and now a sore back but I think if I do it right I can accomplish this goal. I love doing hard stuff so this may go to the top of the list.
  7. Keep in touch with my nieces and nephews. There is no excuse in this digital age for me not to!
  8. E-mail my sister every Sunday. (Started doing this one already!)
  9. Have less stress. I think this means I have to have more quiet time. When that will happen I am not sure but Evan's Christmas wish for me was to have less STRESS so I am going to try. I hate that he thinks I am stressed out! (Even if it is true.)
  10. Parent with love. I guess I have to give up yelling - Dang because that is my go to strategy. I know it doesn't work so I am willing to let it go.
Somehow I need to narrow this list down in two days. Wish me luck. :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Be Yourself

Day 2- My Blog Name

30 Days of Blogging