A Ray of Hope

Finally the weather has changed and the wind is bringing on spring here in Wenatchee! It is my favorite time of year for many reasons but mostly because I can get outdoors to run.  My cut off for running outside is 40 degrees, which is is still cold but doable for this ex-Alaskan girl.

I live in a wonderful place with great friends who are like family to me.  Since I do not see my family very often it has been a great blessing to have these kinds of friends.  I think Heavenly Father has healed a lot of my old wounds through them and it has brought me a ray of hope for my future and given me the ability to look forward with a positive attitude.

As I sat in the temple on Friday night, I had a comforting feeling that all I am trying to do well now is acceptable to God.  I am not focusing on huge things but rather working on the small things like prayer and scripture study, it has made me more hopeful and therefore happier.


Our family is finally four again since David came home yesterday from college! He is grown in many ways that make me proud.  David will be looking for a job and working hard on himself this summer before he heads back in September.  Jason went and picked him up and I am sure they enjoyed the father-son time in the truck.
Directing my massive 7th grade choir- highlight of my career so far!
My friend Erine's gift for my bday.
My friends know me well!


Still running- race is next Saturday.
I had my 43rd birthday on Thursday. I celebrated with my students during the day by playing some games I remember doing for Family Home Evening.  I attributed them all to my MOM - who I dearly miss and wish could have sang to me on my birthday.  My sis Kristen called and did sing so it kinda sounded like Mom, ha ha, I thought it was really nice of her.  I don't feel any different but I did spend some time reflecting on my entire life and realized how much I have matured.  For example, I am finally able to tell people when they hurt me, I finally know that whatever I do IS GOOD ENOUGH, I finally see that I can only change ME, and I finally have accepted that I cannot change the past.  Also, I am amazed at my body and how hard I can push it when I work out. And my husband helps me grow in multiple ways, I love him beyond words.



We went to the Tulip Festival for spring break and for my birthday and had fun even though it was grey and not many tulips were out.  I watched little boys splash in puddles and it hurt my heart a little to compare my big guys and realize how fast their childhood went by.  We laughed and shopped and enjoyed each other's company.  It was a short min vacation but I loved it all.

He practices every day!
Here is my little big guy.  He is so fun to have around and very studious.  He had straight A's so far this year. He is like me in all the good ways and like Jason in all the other ways  HA HA.  He got his braces off and looks so old to me now.  I try to enjoy it all instead of being sad.
Evan is back into club swimming and doing really well. He is over the top serious about his skills and we are excited to see his hard work pay off.  I can always count on Evan to work hard and tell me exactly what he needs.
I got this photo from a cousin and I was shocked at how much has changed for all of us.  But mostly I love seeing my Mom smile like that.  I often think I could use her advice but also know that I am doing the best I can and that's exactly the advice she'd give me.  I have a lot of hope for eternity and can't wait to see my Mom's smile again in person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Yourself

Rediscovering Nature

O Me! O Life!