Spring Break 2016

Just a few notes and thoughts:
  • This past week we all went different directions.  Jason stayed home and worked, Evan & I went to Montesano (to visit Missy), and David went to Disneyland with the Eastmont Jazz Band.
  • I went to the beach and heard the waves crashing and all of sudden I was transported back to my bedroom in Hawaii.  Where I fell asleep for two years hearing the ocean.  It was very therapeutic and emotional for me.
  • Talking with the kids today at family council, I had an overwhelming feeling of pride for my kids and husband.  We are always working on our relationships and we truly do love each other.   Our Spring Break ended on a good note as we counseled the kids about how to communicate with us and helped them understand that we were teens once too.
  • We have only 9 more weeks of school before summer break and although it will be crazy busy with events I think I will make it.  And hopefully get back to the beach!
  • Why doesn't parenting come with a handbook?
  • Next weekend I am running a half marathon.  I hope I make it and beat at least one person 10 years younger than me. Ha ha.


Playing by the river in Montesano.


My first bird pic for the season.

Lake Quinault Nature Walk

Curtis- the KING of selfies





Stopped at Beach #1 for hot dogs and more pictures!


These cousins get along very well.


Curtis making Missy laugh made me so happy.

My beach boots for the day.

First time to Ruby Beach


Pole Vaulting a stream. (He made it.)

Love Ruby Beach




I waited all day for this scene!

Caught this pic right before my battery died- one of my favs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Yourself

Day 2- My Blog Name

O Me! O Life!