Day #9

The person who has gotten me through the most.
 
Obviously this person is my handsome husband.  We have known each other since I was 14 which means that we have been hanging out for 25 years now!  Crazy, isn't it?
 
My husband does a lot of things for me that the world may not consider valuable or proof that he actually loves me.  He does not lavish me with chocolates,flowers, or useless gifts.  He does not tell me everything will be okay when he knows it won't.  He has never sugar coated a response and does not value money or things.  He does not put his job above all in order to take me on wild expensive vacations and he doesn't buy me everything I could ever want.

My husband is the kind of person who tells you what he thinks, loves you honestly, and puts thought into every action he takes.  He values our family more than money and shows me that he loves me by spending time with me.  For example, on our last adventure we ran 3 straight miles up hill together.  I swear it was something like a 10% grade- ouch!  And when I fell he told me to get up and finish the last 2 miles of that 5 mile run.  At the end he had a big smile and said, "Now, wasn't that fun babe!"
 
After that day, I kept thinking about how many times he has done that for me.  Ran up a steep hill, picked me up, and enjoyed the last two miles of downhill racing side by side.  I survived pregnancy, the death of my mother, heartache, stress, low self-esteem, and bad days because of this man!  
 
Nope, he does not spend his money to show me that he loves me.  He shows me day after day by taking my children here and there, by doing the dishes after meals, by keeping track of our money wisely, by doing my laundry, by laughing at me when I get flustered, by attending church even though I know he doesn't really want to etc.  And, most importantly my husband is there for me and my children.  Any time of day I can get a hold of him and he will listen, offer advice, tell me he loves me, and kiss me until I feel better.

I could not make it through this life without his example.  I am in love forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Yourself

30 Days of Blogging

Day 2- My Blog Name