Comfort Zones

I think I have led a life out of my comfort zone for some time now.  It all started with my free spirited parents who enjoyed a good adventure and loved to live in different places.  During my childhood, I was challenged often to do things I did not want to do.  I always whined about it and disliked starting things and then one day it just clicked and I could not get enough of trying new things.
Having now turned 40, I am excited about the next chapter and I feel a change coming.  My kids are getting older and we are talking more about college these days and the dreams my kids have for their lives as adults.  This summer, both of my kids will be gone for an entire week leaving Jason and I home alone for the first time in 15 years!  A little scary and exciting.
I have some extra time on my hands that I am not use to having and I feel the urge to explore new things to figure out what else I am good at or not so good out.  Surprisingly, I like discovering both sides of myself.
I have noticed that David has matured a lot this year and reaching out beyond what he is comfortable doing.  He seems so confident when he is driving and is starting to really care about how he does in school and forming strong opinions about the world.  Evan is a fire cracker, fearless on a mountain bike, and certainly exploring his preteen feelings and boundaries with his parents.  I like to think that I am rubbing off on my sons  just like my parents did to me.
The number one thing that inspires me are my children.  I want them to look back after I am gone and realize that I was responsible with the life I was given.  And as I am dying I want to know that both of them are doing the same with theirs.
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Yourself

Day 2- My Blog Name

30 Days of Blogging