Dusty Lake Adventure

David is our main driver now.
Years ago I decided to become healthier for one reason only, to keep up with my boys.  I knew that one day they would get taller and stronger than me and I was not going to be left in the dust when they decided to go out and do something fun with their Dad.
We are serious about bikes!
Our latest adventure was challenging for me because I do not ride my bike that often let alone ride it on sand and over rocks.  My sit bones are hurting a bit now and I may need new pedals.   I think I left a few scratches on some rocks.
  There was only one moment that I thought I might lose it but I was completely caught off guard by the decline.  It is not illustrated in any of these pictures but imagine large rocks, flying dust, sage brush in the way, and me not knowing what I am doing.
Looks smooth but it was deceiving...

I asked to be last so that I am not criticized.

Had to stop to get the bike computer working.  Gotta track the mileage.
 Our final destination was Dusty Lake.  It was a gorgeous day and Jason packed the fishing  poles.  That was funny because Jason hates fishing but he is a good Dad and knows the kids like it.
Dusty Lake
It was even more funny when Jason caught the first fish! 
Dave getting ready to fish.
 While the kids and Jason hung out I went exploring for a bit and examined sage brush and rocks and looked for birds.  I am not good at identifying anything but I remember things I have seen before and take pics to identify later. (Which I never do but it's a good idea, right?)  I love nature and sketching and holding my binoculars like I am a professional naturalist.  Actually, one of my nature journals is being displayed at the Wenatchee museum until July.  No joke!

The lake is pretty much surrounded by these rocks- AMAZING.


Pics of nature that I love to keep as screen savers.


I married the best looking guy.  And we created the best looking kids.

When our adventure ended I snapped these lovely shots of my handsome men.  And like always, I ended up taking zero pictures of myself.  I am sure when I die my kids will be sad about that.

Still call this kid my baby.
He is not allowed to grow up.

This is baby David, now a young man.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Yourself

Day 2- My Blog Name

30 Days of Blogging