Mother's Day






I never expected that I would be celebrating Mother's Day without my Mother. I never even fathomed that my Mom would not be around when I was starting a career, giving birth to babies, and trying really hard to be a good wife. My only solace is believing that she has watched me accomplish everything from heaven.

I learned a ton from my Mother. How to cook, how to clean, how to laugh at myself, and most importantly how to take care of those you love. Even though my Mom did not give birth to me I never felt like I was not completely hers. To this day I have no great desire to find my "real Mom" because I already spent my childhood with her. My Mom pushed me beyond my limits and made me a stronger person. I wish she were still here to push me some more.


This Mother's Day I was sitting in church listening to a special musical number and I was completely touched by the power of Motherhood! Even though my babies are extra big now I still feel about them the same way I did when they were born. I love that they bring up strong feelings at odd times. When Evan cries huge crocodile tears over having to get his hair cut or David shares random facts with me, I actually smile. They get mad at me for it but I still keep smiling. Then I tear up and think, "This must be how my mother felt about me when I was little."

My kids are not perfect but they can do no wrong. I love them fiercely and they know it! It is a blessing to be a mother and an honor to be the mother of David & Evan.

Evan wrote me the sweetest poem for Mother's Day and it made me realize that he is truly watching me from afar- picking out all of my strengths- and counting on me to be a good example.
The Important thing about my Mom
by Evan

The important thing about my Mom is she is herself.
She loves music and her family.
She makes the best pizza, bread sticks, and cookies.
She is really good at running, triathlons, and cooking.
But the important thing about my Mom is she is herself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Yourself

Day 2- My Blog Name

30 Days of Blogging