June update

The other day, I was sharing something simple about my childhood and Evan turned to me and said. "I literally know nothing about your life.  And you have an interesting one!"

I thought a lot of things at that moment.
1.  I keep a journal- maybe I should share that now.
2.  Why is my life interesting?  I am just normal.
3. What have I not shared?

The third question almost sent me into a panic.  I thought that maybe my kids don't know the real me.   Fortunately, I soon calmed down from that thought because I know I have always been honest and open with them.  Obviously, I need to do a better job at sharing stories.

David has been working many hours the past few weeks in the warehouse for cherry season.  He is doing a great job staying positive at a boring job that pays time and half.  I think his first paycheck helped a great deal!  After my experience with Evan, I wondered if David felt the same way.  This last year I have been more consumed with David's life than my own and recently I helped him sign up for classes.  With a few clicks on the computer he was all ready to go and it just amazed me how well the church has organized the university and mentors for my son.  Dave is very ready to leave home and have his own experiences.

Evan worked the past five days himself and came home saying the same things David did when he started working at 14.  Both boys came to the realization that many people work hard tedious jobs for very little pay.   They both learned the value of getting up at dawn to work and how to find time to play between work hours.  I have to say it is exciting to witness your kids learn the value of work!

Jason has worked over three weeks straight now without a day off and always has a great attitude about everything.  We can't wait to get out on the boat and take more trips in our adventure mobile.  We recently installed an awning with a mosquito net attached since I am allergic and hate them. So it looks like camping got even better!  Our first destination better be the beach.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Yourself

Rediscovering Nature

O Me! O Life!