Don't Cry, Smile!

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

This sentence perfectly describes how I feel about my oldest child graduating from High School.  I did not shed one tear during the graduation week UNTIL I assembled a special picture collage to display at his party.  It hit me hard how quickly time passed and how much David and I love each other today.
I knew when he was born that I should cherish every moment and work hard to develop a relationship with my boy.  It has been my number one priority to be a better listener than a disciplinarian. To lead by example rather than tell him what to do. And, to share my love for my religion with my child.  As I stared at 50 some pictures all at once that represented 17 years of David's life, I knew that I had done it.  I knew that Dave had accomplished his goals so far too and that just got me crying and crying!

Our family has had a roller coaster of a year getting David where he needs to be but we did it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Yourself

30 Days of Blogging

O Me! O Life!