Happiness

My family had quite a time over the weekend hanging out and doing a variety of things.  We are all about finding our own personal happiness around here!  In fact, it has been quite an adventure for Jason and I helping our children discover what makes them happy.

I bought Dave a new trumpet this year.
 David is a member of the High School Jazz Band and Concert band this year.  He enjoys it a great deal now that he is at the High School.  I was surprised that he danced in the stands at the football game with his other band members and proudly marched out onto the field to perform for Homecoming half time.
Getting Along

Annoying Little Brother ruins it!
Little Bro pretending to be hurt.

Finally peaceful again.


Evan is learning to play the guitar.  He randomly strums his instrument each day and if I'm lucky I will catch him singing too.  He is doing well in school and cross country despite being sick for the past couple of weeks.  I have had fun watching him race and I sure hope he sticks with it!

Of course, Evan also enjoys harassing his older brother who is nice enough not to hurt him too badly.  Sometimes he even annoys me so much from afar I am completely shocked that David doesn't get up and leave.  We all know around here that David is the "nice guy" who couldn't hurt a fly.

However, he has no problem hunting animals!  David had his first kill this weekend and Jason said it was a great shot.  I have no clue but from the looks of the picture he sure hit his target and it was interesting to hear his story which did not include "good" - finally I had a complete story told to me by my teen with excitement!
No matter how old my children get everything they do interests me and ultimately their happiness rubs off on me.  I am more aware this year that God works that way too.  He want us to search this world for happiness in big and small ways and then rejoices when we find it.  Praise be to God for all good things!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Yourself

Day 2- My Blog Name

30 Days of Blogging