Rediscovering Nature


The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.
Today I traveled to Entiat to learn more about natural forest fires, shrubs, and macro invertebrates.  
I spent a good 4 hours with  Stream Ecologist, Dr. Mark Oswood and Fisheries Biologist, Phil Archibald (really loved this guy-he hummed all the time!)
I am so grateful that they have spent the core of their lives preserving and studying nature.  What an experience to listen to them speak passionately about God's creations.
 
To top it all off, I spotted an elk in the distance!  Watching it run was the most beautiful thing I have seen in a while.  I also almost held  a snake and I waded in a stream with a net to catch the smallest invertebrates I didn't even know existed.

Here are my best pics for the day.  Enjoy!
As I was taking this picture my family was boating just down the river


Morning Cloak perched on evidence left by a beaver




Service Berry



Woodpecker marks- attracts bugs they later feed on

Phil Archibald- His brain holds so much information!

Ponderosa Pine-thick bark saved it from fire.

Rose

Yarrow

Touched it but couldn't hold it!

Entiat Fire Preserve


Wild Strawberry
Starry Solomon's Plume

Warbler's Nest from last year

My sketches- macro invertebrates from a microscope.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Yourself

30 Days of Blogging

Day 2- My Blog Name