Day 2- My Blog Name



When I was 8 I had my life generally planned out. A lot of it centering around my religion, some of it planned just for fun. As I grew older, I was amazed to discover that life does not always go as planned.
I did not plan on falling in love at 16 - which turned out great in the end but what an emotional roller coaster! I did not plan on becoming a music teacher - pretty unbelievable thinking back now. And, I did not plan on giving birth to only two children - I am blessed to have those two for sure.

There are a lot of small instances that did not go my way as well but I have learned to embrace what comes. Even the big devastating days when I feel like all is against me. I have to confess that faith and prayer have gotten me through every rotten moment. I can say with strong conviction that my belief in Jesus Christ has given me hope every day of my life.

On the flip side, good things can happen unexpectedly as well. I did not know that being a mother would make me a better person, or that I would enjoy driving a boat, or that nieces and nephews would make me incredibly proud. Most of all, I did not expect to realize that my parents love me like I love my kids. It gives me warm chills thinking about all of the time and effort they put into my happiness.


This is where the title of my blog came from. A long time ago, I wrote this phrase in my scriptures: Live the Unexpected Life
I heard this in a talk once and it struck me to the core. I was not being happy for what was. Instead, I was wishing for what should have been. This simple phrase changed my thinking, increased the love I have for others, and allowed me to see that every part of life is a gift. I may not have expected everything that has happened to me in the last 36 years but I am grateful for each moment. My life is dear to me and I choose to live it no matter what.


Comments

  1. I love you, dear Ami!
    Beautiful blog/post/writing. So appreciated your heartfelt note.
    Your Mother would be so proud of you. She loved/loves you!
    Stay Happy and keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Be Yourself

30 Days of Blogging