Living the Unexpected Life

Picture taken near Echo Ridge in Manson, WA


Today I was inspired to start this blog while listening to a great friend teach during church. I kept thinking - How am I going to share what I feel, know, and love about this life with other people? I am sure not everyone in this world wants to know what goes on in my head but I feel a strong desire to share it anyway. I have also wanted to become a better writer and hopefully this new outlet can help. Please be patient with the spelling, and wording, and maybe a few weak attempts to be funny!!

I am living the unexpected life. This is not a negative comment because in my wildest dreams I would have never imagined living the way I do now. I have a great husband that I have been friends with for over 20 years - two incredible boys- a very unexpected but fabulous job - and peace of mind. Through all of the good and turbulent times I have always known what the vision is for my life. I know this has made the unexpected easier to handle.

I am 35 years old and I still have a lot of weaknesses. 10 years ago that statement would have bothered me. Today, I have embraced the fact that I am not perfect - and I actually prefer it that way! As of now, I have no immediate goals but I am always thinking, "What do I want to try next?" Knowing that I can try without having to be perfect has taught me to take risks. Like right now, I am risking starting this blog in hopes that someone may actually like reading it. (I think I will ask my sister's opinion first - just for starters.)

In my life, I have met a lot of women whom I admire. I have a vision to be like them in specific ways and that has helped me through a lot of hard times. I admire someone who is opinionated but not rude. I love watching a good teacher in action. I am jealous of the gal who can teach work out classes without breaking a sweat. And I stand in awe of the woman who can be still and quiet while chaos is going on around her.

My life has been one big, fat, incredible, and UNEXPECTED journey. I can tell from other blogs I read that most women feel exactly the same and I think we all have one thing in common - Faith.

Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comments

  1. Hey Ami! I love your blog so far. I love the name and the meaning behind it.

    Did you guys have fun in Oregon?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Be Yourself

Day 2- My Blog Name

O Me! O Life!